6.30.2011

Summer Snaps 2

It was a busy week for us, filled with celebrations and sunshine.


1. We spent time by the pool.  Oddly, my boys don't spend much time in our pool.  
I'm sure it has something to do with accessibility equaling lack of interest.  
But I love it ~ I grab a book, iced tea and some sunscreen and head outside.


2. This little cutie turned 1 year older and we celebrated by...

3. having hamburgers for lunch {his choice} and we went to see Super 8 as a family.  
{Side note: I loved Super 8.  It was a great movie full of action and suspense.  I was worried about it being too scary for our Birthday Boy but after talking to a friend who had seen it I felt more at ease.  Our youngest is 11 and I'm not sure it would be appropriate for kids younger than that.  It was similar to Goonies, Stand By Me, or ET}

4. I HAD to take a picture of this yellow rose.  
It was unbelievably beautiful and the smell was intoxicating. 

5. NASCAR came to our area -- Sonoma to be precise.  It never fails, the hubs and I always seem to head that way over NASCAR weekend when that little, two lane country road is packed with 40,000 cars.  Lucky for us, we didn't get slowed down too much.

6. This palm tree looks a bit like a living firework to me 
and reminded me that the 4th is just days away!

7, 8 & 9. I went to a hotel/country club in Calistoga called Solage 
to celebrate the engagement of one of our friends.  
It could not have been a more perfect day full of cocktails, sunshine, 
laughs and chats.  Just fabulous!

I am just loving this linky party hosted by Starfish Blog! It is reminding me of
how fun our summer has been so far, even though the days
can seem so monotonous sometimes.  Head over to her blog and take a look 
at all the other fun snapshots.

Hugs!
Carrie


PS I'm also linking up here:


life rearranged


PPS ~ I've got a post coming up with before and afters of my oldest son's room. 
So stay tuned for that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carrie!! Super cute snapshots!! Looks like such a fun way to celebrate an engagement too!! Thanks so much for linking up!! xoxo Amber

    ReplyDelete