9.13.2011

Holy Missoni Target!

Have you heard?  
Of Course you've heard ~ Missoni did a line for Target and it was in stores TO Day.  
If you haven't been, don't bother.  It's all gone.  
G.O.N.E. 
Gone.

Like the rest of the country, I've seen the commercials and have been looking forward to the launch dates.  So this morning after I dropped my kiddos at school I ran over there to chiggity check things out.  {Back story ~ I live in Napa and even though our town isn't very big, we have 2 Tarjays.  The one near my house is small but it's where I normally go because of proximity & convenience even though the other T to the Arget is bigger and has a much larger selection.}  

Today, I drove to Big Target thinking they would have the full Missoni line.  As I was walking in, I spotted 2 friends walking out of the store with FULL carts.  I jokingly asked if they'd cleaned out the store and they said..."We didn't, but it's all GONE!!!"

I thought they were kidding.  I was wrong.  Not a joke.  They shooed my away and rushed me into the store to give me the best chance of finding anything that might be left.  I took their cue and HUSTLED!

I ended up finding several items and throwing anything I liked into my cart thinking I could try things on at home and return them if need be.  

The store was CRAZY!  It was full of women in their 20s and 30s wearing workout clothes, big sunglasses, and ponytails grabbing everything in sight.  Literally pushing one cart and pulling another.  THOUSANDS of dollars worth of discount designer couture.  The feeling of the frenzy only reenforced my need to gather all things Missoni!  I was just as insane as the rest of 'em thinking "Certainly I need every scarf on the shelf.  I can't leave anything behind!"

As I was checking out I noticed an employee walking with a hand bag and she placed it on the display.  I told my cashier to hold on so I could run over there and grab it.  As I headed there, my eye on the bag, an old lady saw me coming and shot her cart in between me and the one and only hand bag!  Now, I'm a bargain shopper, and in a frenzied state of Missoni Mania ~ but I'm still a lady so I didn't bum rush the old broad, knock her down and snatch that bag outta her hand.  Even though the thought may have crossed my mind...



Looks like it was just as difficult to buy Missoni online.



I know I went overboard ~ and I'll try on my items and return what I don't love.  I just felt so much pressure to buy so it wouldn't be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment